Friday 9 March 2018

GOD-TRACKING IS A PERSONAL REAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD

GodTracker 668
The e-devotional helping to keep you on-track with God’s plans for your life
GodTracker is published by Sure Reality Media at surereality.net
23 February 2018


GOD-TRACKING IS A PERSONAL REAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD

Psalm 9:10
And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you

Samantha was sharing with me about how she had had triplets 25 years ago. Sadly, the 2 boys had died. Her daughter had grown into a lovely woman but, at the time, the death of her two sons had weighed heavily on Sam and her marriage, resulting in separation.

When her daughter was 2, Samantha was invited to attend a church near where she lived. “The people were so caring,” she told me. “They loved us and helped me to come to terms with the death of my other children. Pastor Andy was a lovely man.” Samantha continued to tell me how the pastor and the church folk had helped and cared for her and her little girl. However, after benefitting from their support for a couple of years, Samantha became increasingly disinterested and finally stopped attending the church. The years following were a struggle for Samantha. “Sam,” I said, “I’m so happy your church friends helped you through your crisis, but I am sad to notice that you did not seem to find the one true relationship that would take you on to live a full and secure life; a relationship with God.”

Jesus Christ came to reconcile us to God. Sin separated us from a real relationship with the Father but, because of his grace and love, Father God sent his Son, Jesus to bear the consequences of sin and die for us all (the consequence of sin is death). Then through his resurrection from the dead, Jesus opened the way for us to be reconciled to God. After the work of the cross, God poured out his Holy Spirit. Jesus said, “The Helper, the Holy Spirit, the Father will send in my name, will come.” Through the work of Jesus on the cross and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, we can all find meaning in life and a real personal relationship with God.

“God’s love is shown through his people, but only through a daily personal relationship with God can we experience a lifetime of comfort and hope,” I said to Samantha. “People may let you down, but the Lord will never leave you nor forsake you.”

God-tracking is a personal real relationship with God

READ ALL ABOUT ITRomans 3:21-242 Corinthians 5:16-21John 14:25-30

DON’T GIVE UP, LOOK UP & PRAY

Dear Holy Spirit, I open up every aspect of my life to you

Dear Jesus, I realise now that I have never actually asked you into my life. I have good relationships with many godly people but have never entered into a personal relationship with you. Lord, come into my life; I give my life to you. Thank you for the cross and thank you for the fellowship of your Spirit. Dear Holy Spirit, I open up every aspect of my life to you. I acknowledge God in all my ways and seek you with all my heart. Thank you for the promise that you will never leave me or forsake me. Amen.”

IF YOU PRAYED THIS PRAYER WITH MEANING TODAY, PLEASE E-MAIL ME dudley@godtracker.co.uk

----------------------------
What is GodTracker?
GodTracker is a weekly e-mail devotional based on the premise that God has a plan for our lives. His word calls us to seek his plan by acknowledging him in all our ways and by tracking his purposes, in faith. Subscribe by email at http://godtracker.co.uk/#subscribe

Listen to podcasts by Dudley Anderson at…https://www.surereality.net/listen/

Support GodTracker by becoming an SRM MINISTRY PARTNER at…https://www.surereality.net/become-a-ministry-partner/

No comments:

Post a Comment