Friday 26 January 2018

GOD-TRACKING IS TUNING INTO GOD’S CLEAR SIGNAL

GodTracker 662
The e-devotional helping to keep you on-track with God’s plans for your life
GodTracker is published by Sure Reality Media at surereality.net

12 January 2018

GOD-TRACKING IS TUNING INTO GOD’S CLEAR SIGNAL

Colossians 3:2
Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.

Subscribe at godtracker.co.uk
I grew up in the 1970s when computers were great big monsters that filled a room the size of a bus depot. The World Wide Web was a fuzzy construction built by the resident spider in the corner of the room, behind one of the one-ton printers. Online radio was non-existent. The only way one could ever listen to foreign radio was via shortwave. And I loved my shortwave radio receiver. I’d erect high wooden poles to run a wire up to receive a better signal. Little did I know that 20 years later I’d enjoy the privilege of broadcasting on shortwave radio.

Swizz, beep-beep, boing, shhhh would come the sound from the small speaker of my little SW receiver. Turning the knob, I’d listen carefully until I found the reasonable signal of a station like, Trans World Radio. Then, for seemingly no reason, the voice would become garbled and snarled by electromagnetic interference. I’d twiddle that dial and waggle the aerial until the signal eventually returned and I was able to continue listing to TWR.

God’s Word tells us to be holy as God is holy. With regard to the patterns of this world, Christians are exhorted to be separate. In other words, as followers of Christ, we are called to live lives free of the interference of the world. By no means are we told to despise or reject the people of the world (for God loved the world so much that he sent Jesus to die for it) but we are told to tune into God’s voice and separate ourselves from the corruption of sin. You see, sin has a way of creeping in under the radar. Just like when I listened to shortwave radio stations, electromagnetic interference would corrupt the radio station signal I was tuned to, so that I could not hear what was being said, so sin interferes with our sensitivity to the voice of God’s Holy Spirit. May we learn to twiddle those spiritual dials and raise those spiritual antennae higher to cut out the noise of the WORLD to receive a clearer signal from the WORD.

God-tracking is tuning into God’s clear signal.

READ ALL ABOUT IT
1 Peter 1:13-162 Corinthians 6:14-18Colossians 3:1-17

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IF YOU FIND THE DEVOTIONAL OF BENEFIT TO YOUR CHRISTIAN WALK, PLEASE CONSIDER BECOMING AN SRM MINISTRY PARTNER
IN SUPPORT OF THIS MINISTRY…
https://www.surereality.net/become-a-ministry-partner/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DON’T GIVE UP, LOOK UP & PRAY

I open my heart and open my ears to hear your still voice more clearly

“Oh Lord, I’m sorry for allowing the interference of the world to creep into my spiritual walk. I confess and repent of all I’ve allowed into my life that may have corrupted my experience of you; every deed, every thought and every word that has grieved you Holy Spirit. Forgive me, Lord. I choose now to raise my spiritual aerial and finetune ears into your still small voice. I change channels to fix my thoughts on things above and not earthly things. Help me to seek you in prayer and the reading of your Word. I open my heart and open my ears to hear your still voice more clearly. Amen.”

If you want more prayer, please email me, dudley@godtracker.co.uk

----------------------------
What is GodTracker?
GodTracker is a weekly e-mail devotional based on the premise that God has a plan for our lives. His word calls us to seek his plan by acknowledging him in all our ways and by tracking his purposes, in faith. Subscribe by email at http://godtracker.co.uk/index.html#subscribe

Listen to podcasts by Dudley Anderson at…
https://www.surereality.net/listen/

Become an SRM MINISTRY PARTNER at…
https://www.surereality.net/become-a-ministry-partner/

No comments:

Post a Comment