Friday 10 November 2017

GOD-TRACKING IS GETTING A FRESH SENSE OF GOD’S PURPOSE

GodTracker 652
The e-devotional helping to keep you on-track with God’s plans for your life
GodTracker is published by Sure Reality Media at surereality.net

20 October 2017

GOD-TRACKING IS GETTING A FRESH SENSE OF GOD’S PURPOSE

Proverbs 19:21
Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand.

Subscribe by email for FREE at godtracker.co.uk
One of golf's immortal moments came when a Scotsman demonstrated the new game to American President Ulysses Grant. He carefully placed the ball on the tee and took a mighty swing. The club hit the turf and sprayed dirt all over the President's beard and suit, while the ball sedately waited on the tee. Again and again, the Scotsman swung but he missed. President Grant waited patiently through six attempts and then quietly said, "There seems to be a fair amount of exercise in the game, but I fail to see the purpose of the ball.”

Some mornings I wake up void of enthusiasm, wrestling to affirm the true reasons I do what I do. It’s not that I have been demotivated by anything or anyone, just that I feel unmotivated to get on with it. Ever been there? Inevitably, I have taken on so many activities that I’ve burned out and lost focus. It’s at times like these, I need a fresh sense of purpose.

The Scriptures tell us that God has a plan and a purpose for each of us. God is omniscient and omnipresent – he knows each of us personally. He knows the plans he has for you and me. However, we often assume we know God’s plans and grab hold of every opening that comes our way. Sadly, we often end up missing the purposes God has planned for us and finding ourselves swinging away at life, missing the ball at every strike. We need to learn to trust God’s purposes for our lives. As Brian Houston says, “When the Lord gives you a sense of purpose, that purpose ruins you for anything else. Nothing else will ever bring true peace, because peace is found only in pursuing the purposes of God.”

God-tracking is getting a fresh sense of God’s purpose

READ ALL ABOUT ITJeremiah 29:11-13
Proverbs 16:4Psalm 57:2Proverbs 16:9Proverbs 19:21

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DO YOU ENJOY THESE GodTracker E-DEVOTIONALS?
THEN YOU’LL ENJOY…
God-tracking Through the Year - year one &
God-tracking Through the Year - year two
TWO 52-WEEKLY DEVOTIONAL BOOKS BY DUDLEY ANDERSON
Available at the SRM launch price of just £6.80
https://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?contributorId=1293719
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DON’T GIVE UP, LOOK UP & PRAY

Dear Lord, weigh my heart and weigh my purposes that I may stand in you

“O Lord, I have lost my focus. Forgive me for crowding my life with so many activities, things that you have not planned for me. I choose to acknowledge you in all my ways and seek your plans and purposes for my life. I commit my work to you. I commit relationships to you. I commit my ministry to you. I seek your plans and purposes for my life. Dear Lord, weigh my heart and weigh my purposes that I may stand in you. Thank you for restoring my motivation. Amen.”

----------------------------
What is GodTracker?
GodTracker is a weekly e-mail devotional based on the premise that God has a plan for our lives. His word calls us to seek his will by acknowledging him in all our ways and tracking this plans in faith. Subscribe by email at http://godtracker.co.uk/index.html#subscribe

Listen to the Sixty-Second GodTracker radio spots at…
http://www.godtracker.co.uk/index.html#Listen

No comments:

Post a Comment